The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on holiday recently when I stumble upon this gorgeous watch that caught my attention. This watch is not thick and I find the unusual squarish shape makes this watch look elegant.

I reckon that the reason why this watch has a thin profile is due to it's manual winding offering instead of the usual automatic capability. It's made of titanium case which make this watch so light and a joy to wear. I had it strap on a Titanium bracelet even though it may not be the perfect fit.

The movement is stated as 4s79(should be 4s29 as pointed by Noah). However, I am surprised that I could not find this movement on the web.

If any of you know about the history of this movement, can you kindly share with me?
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
A lovely watch with a high end movement. Very nice indeed.

Looking on the web the 4S79 seems to be mainly used in Seiko's upmarket Credor range.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
You have a 4S29 movement there, which is based on the 4S15, which is a resurrected form of the vintage 5216 caliber. Searching under those calibers may give you better results. Your watch was manufactured in November, 2003 according to the serial number. Enjoy it, it is a unique piece and quite the looker!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments.
Sorry, it should be a 4s29 rather than a 79.

Wow Noah, thanks and you actually can tell it from the serial number! ....I did not know this watch is already so old and was on sale in a watch shop. Nevertheless...yes it's a unique piece and I've never cease to admire it. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts