The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my 6138-7000 Sliderule Chronograph back from my watchmaker and I'd like to wear it but the bracelet is too tight.

It does not look like I'll be able to find the two links I need, but I had a thought: instead of adding links, why not use a longer clasp?

I've checked my 30 or 40 various Seikos and it would appear that bracelet clasps on mechanical Seikos are all a standard 1", but on some of the SQ quartz watches the clasps are 1 1/2", which would be long enough for me to wear the bracelet.

Question: Has anyone ever seen a Seiko-signed clasp in the 1 1/2" length without the SQ stamp?

I would appreciate any in-put . . .

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I've ended up doing. While looking through an unexplored pile of watches I came upon a Seiko 5 with an extender in the bracelet. I tried it, and it's inelegant, but it works.

When I got the watch back (I never wore it before having the service done) the bracelet was too long at the 12 o'clock side, and too short at the 6 o'clock side.

By removing one link from 12 o'clock and moving it to 6 o'clock, the clasp is now pretty much centered under the wrist, even with the extender.

I'd still love to find two links which are the 1/2" added by the extender . . .

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
modern seiko bracelets tend to use longer butterfly clasps than the vintage ones. While the change wouldn't be vintage, only another WIS would notice, you should be able to swap in a modern clasp of the same width and get the length you seek, assuming your clasp is os similar with to those used today of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts