The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Other then knowing that it's a 23j automatic Moonphase watch produced in 1985, anyone has further information to share? Heard that it was produced for certain markets..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's based on the 6309 and every last one of them is hideous. If my memory is correct it's a 6347.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Please tell me thats a feiko..............surely couldnt be real..................

·
Registered
475 Posts
They are real. Was going to add one to the collection just because they are different but they are a very acquired taste...and too "special" for me.

Much prefer a 7A48 myself from the similar era.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
As Micah said, it's a 6347 - which is a 6349 with the moonphase complication.
So it's a 6309 up jewelled with complication, or two complications - moonphase and butt ugly.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
It says " DAMN! that's an ugly watch, please buy the much better looking 6306 Silverwave"

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Another example of Seiko using the "Seiko 5" marketing theme, forgetting that there are 5 principles to the meaning - one of them being "day + date". No day here, replaced by Moon Phase.

You may call me crazy but I find it OK and if I could buy one just might.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's a very "different" watch, very interesting to look at and very unique. Thanks to all for sharing the infos...guess I have to go fishing now ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
How about that! Learning something new every day. And I don't find it so butt ugly... it's just "different".

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Another example of Seiko using the "Seiko 5" marketing theme, forgetting that there are 5 principles to the meaning - one of them being "day + date". No day here, replaced by Moon Phase.

You may call me crazy but I find it OK and if I could buy one just might.
A year and a half or 2 years ago there were an abundance on eBay for next to nothing. i considered a few to fiddle around with, mainly just the movement. Coming out of India primarily though, I was afraid I wouldn't get my money's worth...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One question : is this the only automatic Moonphase watch produced by Seiko, with the rest being in quartz?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts