The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was part of a discussion about this already but cannot seem to find it again.

Someone posted the idea of remaking the original Arnie strap with the depth chart, for those reissues coming out this summer. I recently fished this one off the Bay and I am warming up to the idea. It's pretty cool. I was also thinking about adding another feature somewhere on the strap that makes the Arnie connection somehow. I am looking for ideas. (Maybe "GET TO THE CHOPPA" in circular type around the wave logo?).

Or, an updated depth chart instead of the original (someone mentioned this on Instagram).

thoughts?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I suppose as a novelty, it might be kind of fun. Perhaps you could emboss an image of Arnold in lieu of the wave? Also, if you were to proceed with the depth chart, you may want to consider imperial vs metric measure unless your targeting markets outside of N.America.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized that because of the depth chart, two of the holes are sacrificed, which would limit the strap to guys with 6.50" wrists and larger. If you are thinking, "so what?" you would be surprised at how many guys order the short vs. long strap, and how many have told me that my 75mm/125mm is not short enough.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Some pop culture icons will live forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ahh, yes, please remake this strap! I have one in my collection, but they are so hard to come by in excellent condition, I have mine, which is only in good condition, strapped to my Arnie, but I'd love an Uncle reissue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any news about this?

I decided not to do it because the strap would only fit larger wrists as it stands, since the text covers a lot of the strap. I have found that the majority of my customers want shorter versions. I could have put a hole in there anyway but I think it kind of defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear that. A hole in the text area would definitely defy the purpose. Maybe short (buckle) end from short version and long end from longer version would do the trick?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts