The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've watched this "oldie" movie from the 80ies starring Roger Moore as the good guy and Anthony Perkins as the villain.
Old school with some fine humour. Here are some screen shots taken, showing the watches (and clock):

Prime minister's office clock

Bad terrorist (a Japanese guy) wearing an orange dial Seiko (looks like a 7548)

Roger Moore's golden Tuna

Anthony Perkins's Chronograph (looks like a Porche Design Lemania 5100)

Old school watch Synchronising :eek:ccasion14:

Have a good week!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I remember this movie when it was shown on HBO in the 80s. It was just called Ffolks in the US. I am going to have to pull it up and watch it again.

·
Researcher
5,026 Posts
I remember this movie when it was shown on HBO in the 80s. It was just called Ffolks in the US. I am going to have to pull it up and watch it again.
Ffolkes in the USA and AKA as North Sea Hijack in the UK.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
An interesting action/adventure yarn with Roger Moore a bit out of character as a bearded and crusty misogynist. Seem to recall seeing it in a bargain-price theater not long after it came out. I didn't appreciate all the fine watches on display. Anthony Perkins was an excellent mad-villain, imho.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Thanks for the post. That's one of my favorites which I enjoy watching again and again and again... :3tens:

...btw I just love the orange 7548 :dance::yahoo:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An interesting action/adventure yarn with Roger Moore a bit out of character as a bearded and crusty misogynist. Seem to recall seeing it in a bargain-price theater not long after it came out. I didn't appreciate all the fine watches on display. Anthony Perkins was an excellent mad-villain, imho.

I agree about Perkins - probably best actor in this movie. I like Moore as Ffolkes - breaking the too-sleek and almost "dork" Bond he was. Here he is more rough and much less womanizer.

Cheers,
Galpo

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the post. That's one of my favorites which I enjoy watching again and again and again... :3tens:

...btw I just love the orange 7548 :dance::yahoo:

I love the orange '48 too.
I didn't know this movie existed till a few days ago and found about it when I've researched about a Rolex 1680... Whice I didn't see in this movie, but was happy to see that Moore goes with Seiko even if it's not a bond film. He did eore a tuna in a bond movie IIRC, and I'm sure he wore an H558 in one

Cheers,
Galpo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts