The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got one of these divers and the 6R15 movement can anybody give me a run down on this movement. And the size and feel of the watch.

Cheers
Mark.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Are you asking about the Sumo (SBDC001, SBDC003 & SBDC005), or are you asking about the Shogun (SBDC007 & SBDC009)?

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I have a couple of dress SARBs (Not the Sumo/Shogun divers) with the 6r15 and I am pretty happy with the performance and accuracy of the movement.

For me, typically if I leave the watch face up during the night, the movement will gain 3 to 4 secs and once I put it on the wrist it will settle back to +1-2 secs per day. Since temperature has a tendency to affect the accuracy of mechanical watches (Hot weather, watch loses time, cold weather watch gains time), my overall daily accuracy average is in the -/+ 4 secs per day range.

Not bad at all. ;D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've got a Sumo (SBDC001). It is the best auto diver under US$1000 IMO. You need to step up to an OS300 or AutoZILLA (ok, they are a little under US$1,000) for a worthy competitor. And even then the movements are inferior (until the revised OS300, anyway, and that might be more than US$1,000). The Ti SBDC007/9 also looks good, but it is not that popular, partly I think because of the Monster-like hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts