The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents I'm looking for a parts list/brake down of the watch case. Jules Borel have the parts, but I'm not sure of the description of the part V the part number.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I can't help with the parts break down, but in my experience with ordering A829 parts from Borel, you'll be able to get a crystal and gaskets, but everything else will be out of stock.

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've emailed Jules and asked for the impossible! They might have new stock in (wishful thinking) but isn't this fun now the big hunt is on :D

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, this :D

Has become these :(

I need the names of the four little pins, so i can source the gaskets (transmission pin? set pin?) :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
The part number for the transmission pins is 81604979 and usually come in a pack of 5 pieces. I don't believe you can just purchase the gasket for the transmission pins alone, you would need to buy the pins also.

Steve

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,
Thanks for that info, i've managed to track down four pins and all the other parts, well they're ordered and we'll see what turns up :D

Spent some time today learning how to restore a case, It was trial and error but i managed to come up with a half decent job.
Sanded the small scratches and nicks out of the case with 800 wet&dry wraped in a piece of alloy plate 1/4" thick, lubricated with kerosene and then finished up with the buffer using "green" polish and a finishing buff.
The case back I used a "scotch brite" pad in my drill press and centered the case back to the pad, then using kerosene once again lightly abraded the surface.
I first used a grey pad (fine) and found that just polished the case so swapped to a blue (medium) and that gave a better finish without removing any detail.
So what do you think, any good, any tips, any comments ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts