The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got this one after looking all over for one in a decent condition for quite some time. Reading how, for whatever reason, people like to buy birthyear watches I was interested to check watches that were released when I was born. As I was born in the mid of the Quartz crisis (as Swiss manufacturers like to call it, I prefer Quartz revolution) there were no many mechanical watches to choose from. I have never been interested in digital watches, but looking at some of the models from that time I realized what a magnificent job designers made to capture the very soul of the '70s and when I saw this one I immediately decided to make it a single digital piece in my collection. It's the first Seiko model to feature chronograph and alarm functions combined and I think it looks absolutely amazing. The bracelet might be the best part of it. Unfortunately I lack approximately 1cm in length to be able to wear it comfortably, so I am thinking about bracelet extenders. Any recommendations for an extender that fits SQ bracelet?

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here's an idea.

Mine is very similar to your watch. Although the band is slightly different, what I like about mine are the attachment. The hook attaches to a slide which is adjustable. This would fit yours also. IMG_0447.jpg

·
Poet Laureate
843 Posts
Great watch! I have a few from that era and I just love 'em. If memory serves, it took me two tries to find an extender for my S229. I think first I tried one like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Strap-Bracelet-Extender-SILVER-extend-straps-bands-clasp-Extension-Link/200913168518?hash=item2ec75ba886:m:m_J-Em4s4wvoxCZLgDrTG1g but it didn't fit. I believe the narrow part that fits into the clasp wasn't long enough, and you couldn't line up the holes to fit a spring bar in.
Then I tried this spring loaded model: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-12mm-14mm-16mm-18mm-20mm-22mm-Watch-Band-Bracelet-Clasp-Spring-Extender/381466444753?hash=item58d12c03d1:m:mK2FC3LwByWmtMmqV269xMw:sc:USPSFirstClass!93013!US!-1
It fits great

IMG_20191006_193310.jpg

IMG_20191006_193211.jpg

IMG_20191006_193202.jpg

IMG_20191006_193150.jpg

IMG_20191006_193121.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are nice watches guys, thanks for the links, I think I'll also go for a spring loaded one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recently got this one after looking all over for one in a decent condition for quite some time. Reading how, for whatever reason, people like to buy birthyear watches I was interested to check watches that were released when I was born. As I was born in the mid of the Quartz crisis (as Swiss manufacturers like to call it, I prefer Quartz revolution) there were no many mechanical watches to choose from. I have never been interested in digital watches, but looking at some of the models from that time I realized what a magnificent job designers made to capture the very soul of the '70s and when I saw this one I immediately decided to make it a single digital piece in my collection. It's the first Seiko model to feature chronograph and alarm functions combined and I think it looks absolutely amazing. The bracelet might be the best part of it. Unfortunately I lack approximately 1cm in length to be able to wear it comfortably, so I am thinking about bracelet extenders. Any recommendations for an extender that fits SQ bracelet?
I love this watch... I have been on my first big restorations aventures with A159... Soon I will be posting amazing pictures of my new family memberS... This is grammar of design kind of watch... This is what I love in Seiko, the aesthetic, so well made!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts