The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I'd like to put some new/different hands on a Seiko watch with an 8F56 GMT movement. Does anyone know what the hands sizes are for this movement? Or, alternatively, where I can find out?

Cheers!
TW

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally pulled the hands off of my 8F56 and took out my (admittedly, pretty cheap) electronic calipers. By my measurements, the hand sizes for this movement are:

Second: 0.3mm, Minute: 0.6mm, Hour: 1.0mm, GMT: 1.4mm

A far cry from the fairly standard quartz or automatic Seiko hand sizes. I wonder where I'll ever find a new hand set with these measurements....

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Not far from standard at all, those sound very close to standard Quartz 110/65/20 size. You need to measure accurately, as a few hundredths will cause the hand to a- not fit, b- fall off. Watch makers have special gauges to measure accurately - maybe a local watchmaker could help you measure them, in exchange for a pint.
There are members who may be able to help you measure them, if you give your location.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information! I'm located in Atlanta, GA - if any members can help me measure these hands more accurately, the first pint's on me! Otherwise, I'll start looking for a good local watchmaker (unless anyone can suggest one!) to help me measure them.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
It might be a good idea to ask on the main Japanese forum. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts