The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I am new to this. I live in Wales in the UK and own A Seiko sports 8229-5030. The trouble is I cant get a replacement glass (crystal) or strap for it. Is there anyone out there who can help me please.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi All I am new to this. I live in Wales in the UK and own A Seiko sports 8229-5030. The trouble is I cant get a replacement glass (crystal) or strap for it. Is there anyone out there who can help me please.
Hi Tony & welcome to the SCWF. Do a search for seikochrono (username) and give him a try. Stefan is a top bloke and stocks a lot of old Seiko parts and he's in the UK. Stefan is also on eBay as schillachi61.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thank you for the reply, I tried Stefan and he could not help. He was kind enough to reply to me but no luck there.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Stefans a top bloke but it's a shame he could not help you. Doesn't look a common crystal 984ES2W08GA0. Only people on the net even mentioning it are Boley in Germany. Is it cracked or missing? Or is it just scratched? The crystal can be re-polished if it's just scratched. As for the strap it's going to be a waiting game on eBay I reckon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Clockbloke thanks for the info. I did not realise the glass could be polished. There is a bit of history to this watch. When I was in my teens I worked with a guy who used to be in the merchant navy. I was joining the Royal Navy (ended up on Submarines) and before I left to go to the navy he give me his watch. I in turn give the watch to my Father and this watch have travelled the world! I would like to restore it but it seems an impossible task!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.