The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently putting together a Seiko 7025-8099 and am at the point of trying to source the bezel that's missing. I have a lead on a bezel from an 7005-8050 that I am looking in to. From what I have found the case from the 8050 and the 8099 are the same and the bezel will work from one to the other. I'm just wondering if someone would be able to confirm this for me? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I understand you are asking about whether they will fit the same. I'd swap mine as a trial but that -7005-8050 bezel took like an hour to get just right so it's not coming off !

Anyway thought I'd add they have a different edge pattern.
IMG_20200623_140953.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks grammarofdesign, that's a nice selection you have there! I believe the cases are identical and to be honest I prefer the look of the bezel from the 8050 so I think I might have to just go through with it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
these bezels are a little finicky. i twisted the bezel off my 7005-8050 and it took a looong time to get it back on,
i think i am a bezel-spring-dunce though. but one day, i made a fresh try at it, and it just magically popped back on there, where it remains.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
As the others say, these bezels can need patience to get them sitting right when they're reinstalled.
However, in answer to your question, the bezels will be interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies! They have been very helpful. I ended up buying the 8050 bezel and it looks great! While we are on the topic of these bezels, I'm now trying to source the bezel spring but it seems they are a little hard to find. Any idea if there is an interchangeable spring out there from another model? From what I can find there isn't but I thought I would ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts