The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I wish to share the welcome return to life of a watch, a Seiko Flightmaster Chronograph who, after a few years of honourable service, 'cause of battery acid spill and damage the movement, remained woefully in the limbo of the watches, waiting for a new module.
The opportunity materialized when a friend of mine, a watchmaker, told me that he had found a donor, with just that module. There I hide my happiness, when, after just half an hour, I was able to once again wear it: it was, neither more nor less, as go back 23 years, when I loved at first sight:wub:

Seiko 7T34-A600 - Da Orologi le Misure del Tempo n° 68 11/93 pag. 180

Thanks for attention and I wish a good sunday.

Salvo.
:039:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love the 7T34 Flightmasters. There is nothing like the feeling of opening up a non functional watch finding and replacing the defective part and then that moment of truth. For quartz watches its pushing that battery in place after doing the repair and flipping it over and seeing that second hand moving along! They are like small victories. The more complicated the watch the better the feeling is when it comes back to life. Happiness is a second hand on a watch dial moving along like it should.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Well you took the words out of my mouth...those little things that stall a build are so aggravating...i just helped a fellow scwf member who was going to give up on a build and it was so rewarding being able to get their project back on track...i love to see stories like this...that is a gorgeous watch

I love the 7T34 Flightmasters. There is nothing like the feeling of opening up a non functional watch finding and replacing the defective part and then that moment of truth. For quartz watches its pushing that battery in place after doing the repair and flipping it over and seeing that second hand moving along! They are like small victories. The more complicated the watch the better the feeling is when it comes back to life. Happiness is a second hand on a watch dial moving along like it should.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seiko 7T34-A600 FLIGHTMASTER PILOTS CHRONOGRAPH

Today I wish to share the welcome return to life of a watch, a Seiko Flightmaster Chronograph who, after a few years of honourable service, 'cause of battery acid spill and damage the movement, remained woefully in the limbo of the watches, waiting for a new module.
The opportunity materialized when a friend of mine, a watchmaker, told me that he had found a donor, with just that module. There I hide my happiness, when, after just half an hour, I was able to once again wear it: it was, neither more nor less, as go back 23 years, when I loved at first sight:wub:

Thanks for attention and I wish a good sunday.

Salvo.

Superb watch & story...hoping to sell mine soon with original box and papers...its in mint condition.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts