The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked if there was a way to test the Printed Circuit Board of a Seiko 7T32 movement. The answer was basically no, without the special equipment at the factory. Well, I found a test that works for me. I have had in my drawer of "non-runners" a beautiful Pulsar Y182, and have been frustrated I hadn't been able to coax it back to life. On a whim, I measured the resistance between the negative battery terminal, and the ground of the metal plate that sits atop the movement. It read ZERO. That seemed wrong to me, so I measured another non-runner that I had nearby...and it also measured zero. I found a third that measured about 3 ohms. I installed THAT PCB into the watch I was trying to make run...……………………...and it did! I can't swear this works on everything, but it does make some sense that if you measure zero ohms where there should be something, that is an indicator that the PCB is bad. So now I have a quick test I can do with an Ohm meter, and it will speed up the testing of other movements I have in my drawer of non-runners.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Glad it worked for you, but be aware that using the wrong meter can also kill circuits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts