The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

The mechanism was a little sticky so I decided to take the bezel off and give it a clean underneath
I think this is a different system to the SKX007/SKX009

Here I see a spring (which fits inside the cylinder with a flared end)
I was expecting to find a ball bearing on top of the cylinder but did not see one

Is my assumption correct?
Has anyone fixed this problem before?

Now it just keeps spinning around without the clicks, so need to apply a fix

·
Administrator
32,864 Posts
The only spring cylinders I have seen apart from the Tunas was on 7002s, having the spring cylinder out of the case could be great because you could clean it, pean the end over so that the ball protrudes only ought to catch in the bezel, replace the spring and push the unit back into the case, job done and as good as new :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't panic :) you just need a 1mm ball bearing because you have lost yours.
I just put my callipers across the end of the cylinder and that was exactly what I deduced my friend.
Found some on eBay.
Thanks for your help/support..(y)

·
Registered
Seiko Dive Watches, Rolex Submariner
173 Posts
Make sure you replace the bezel gasket too. I found that a new gasket helps tremendously in the bezel rotation function on that particular model.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure you replace the bezel gasket too. I found that a new gasket helps tremendously in the bezel rotation function on that particular model.
I found only 1/4 of the bezel gasket in the watch but you're 100% correct with your statement - it does make a big difference.

Had to put a wire into the groove then use C = 2π r formula to calculate the diameter which came to 33.6mm

According to my research the bezel gasket is:
SEIKO 0G330BA11 - 0.7mm dia / OD - 34.40mm / ID – 33.00mm

So have sourced a generic one matching these measurements..(y)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I found only 1/4 of the bezel gasket in the watch but you're 100% correct with your statement - it does make a big difference.

Had to put a wire into the groove then use C = 2π r formula to calculate the diameter which came to 33.6mm

You might reach out to John @TheTigerUK. If memory serves me, he has a connection/info on many different Seiko gaskets.

·
Administrator
32,864 Posts
For some reason I assumed you had a gasket if I had known I would of dropped one in with your ball :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
For some reason I assumed you had a gasket if I had known I would of dropped one in with your ball :(
John @TheTigerUK , correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you (or was it @GuyJ ) organize some gasket group buys a while back? Is it something you (or Guy) would consider doing again? I replace a lot of gaskets and buying them in small quantities (like on ebay) gets expensive and time consuming really quickly...

·
Administrator
32,864 Posts
I did group buys for SKX and 6309 etc bezels, case backs and crown gasket, the prices worked out at a fraction of the cost compared to ebay/dealers prices but I don't think there is the same interest these days for the large quantities needed to make the project viable.

John @TheTigerUK , correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you (or was it @GuyJ ) organize some gasket group buys a while back? Is it something you (or Guy) would consider doing again? I replace a lot of gaskets and buying them in small quantities (like on ebay) gets expensive and time consuming really quickly...

·
Registered
4,280 Posts

Generic are fine ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts