The Watch Site banner

Seiko 7n36-6a49 Diver

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ShaikCorso 
#1 · (Edited)
So... I am highly resistant to Quartz, but when I saw that Ramon had this one I grabbed it. It was in great shape, has sapphlex and is a full size 200M diver. Having said all that, I was less than impressed with the movement I found inside. Having only ever done automatics I was shocked at the cheap quality of the 7N36. It is literally a throwaway movement. Oh well, at least a replacement was only $10.00....

So I couldn't source a 4 O'clock movement so I made do with a 3 O'clock. This watch had the wrong crown (but one I needed for a rare AGS!!!) and I couldn't find one anywhere so I came up with my usual solution... I fitted a triplock (twinlock actually). I then drilled out a Seiko crown with a broken off stem and fitted that over the generic rolex crown. Nice!!

I had it on rubber, which I detest in most cases, so I cobbled up a spare bracelet that was too narrow to use for anything else. I had figured on flipping this one so I really didn't care about the width. As you can see, the lume is super glowy!!!

So, after the cleaning, fixing, crown, and bracelet... I decided I like it, so I kept it.. figures.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Those are nice. I bought one just for the "Jubilee" bracelet and gave the watch to my father on a Seiko polyurethane strap. He likes it, but doesn't wear a watch now that he's retired. Imagine that!

Is the rotating ring ("bezel") really stiff on yours?

#5 ·
I have an old guy friend that doesn't wear a watch now that he's retired too! It must be a thing.

The bezel on this was actually stuck, and word is that they are near impossible to get off. I spayed it with wd40 and clamped it into a wooden vise. A little twiddling and it broke free. Now that I have scraped the junk out of it it is literally the smoothest bezel I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.