The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Special Member
4,836 Posts
You can get an skx any day of the week for the next 20 years. Get a 7c43 before they disintegrate, beautiful aesthetics, imo.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
+1 for the 7c43. Or better yet, get both!

As 7c43s are scarce, perhaps consider a nice 7548? Not quite the clean/contrasty look of the 7c43 what with the bright white hands, but certainly more affordable, available, nearly equally bulletproof movement, and parts are more easily available as you can scavenge from a common 7546.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would go SKX ... UNLESS it bothers you that it is super inaccurate. Like, minutes per week, miss-meetings level inaccuracy.

I wore an SKX for 2 years until one day I missed a train to an important meeting because the watch was running late. That was the last straw. I still have the watch but hardly wear it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get one of each.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I would go SKX ... UNLESS it bothers you that it is super inaccurate. Like, minutes per week, miss-meetings level inaccuracy.

I wore an SKX for 2 years until one day I missed a train to an important meeting because the watch was running late. That was the last straw. I still have the watch but hardly wear it.
Mine has been no more than 1 minute a week off for years. The 7S26B and later tend to keep excellent time, if they're regularly worn and sufficiently wound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of each. I really like the SKX, but love the 7C43. I’m somewhat paranoid about damaging it though. I have several automatics and find refreshing to pick up the 7C43 and not have to set the time again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts