The Watch Site banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tips.
I would be very thankful for any advice on where to get the correct seals and C clips.

EDIT:
I would like to think I'd be better at this, but I don't really know where to start. Is it just a matter of buying an assorted set of gasket and hope for the best?

EDIT 2:
I'm probably thinking what you're thinking, this is has all the resemblances of a disaster. I've looked up a couple of local watch makers, an I'll ask for a service of the watch. 馃槈

Registered
Seiko 7a38 Quartz Chronograph
I registered on this forum to get in contact with someone selling my dream watch, and realized I had to reach a certain number of post in order to do so. Since I felt I had nothing useful to say, and didn't want to write a number of pretend-messages, I managed to find the dream watch somewhere else.

I'm not one for collecting, and I'd rather avoid owning luxury watches. My "collection" consists of a Casio A168(WA-1) and a Seiko SNXS75K1. Consisted, that is. Because here is my dream watch!

View attachment 496230

The 7a38 comes in a lot of different varieties. This is the 7190, which is my favorite among them. Love the shape, the dial, the chain, everything about it! Made (according to the serial number) in June 1986, and has lived in Milan until it came into my possession. Not completely mint, but in a more than decent condition.
Nice 7a38, I like it :) . I have two 7a38's and one 7a28. May need to start casually looking for one like yours. Thank You for sharing.

Special Member
Beautiful watch! I've always been fond of the 7A series of chronographs and maybe someday I'll pick one up!
I would recommend one in any collection. They are such a sweet movement, and a milestone in the world of watches, plus it鈥檚 fun to watch that 1/10th hand spin.

Special Member
I would recommend one in any collection. They are such a sweet movement, and a milestone in the world of watches, plus it鈥檚 fun to watch that 1/10th hand spin.
Always convinced myself that having a ETA251 chrono was enough ;)...but I'll keep an eye out for a decent example. I've come across a few dressy 7As which are nice too.

Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
Thanks for the tips.
I would be very thankful for any advice on where to get the correct seals and C clips.

EDIT:
I would like to think I'd be better at this, but I don't really know where to start. Is it just a matter of buying an assorted set of gasket and hope for the best?
Unless you're working on a diverse range of watches, there's no point in buying an assortment, with lots of sizes that you'll never use. These are what I use myself: O-Rings G39081 and C-clips C12026A.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you so much!
How do you know which gaskets are the correct ones, do these numbers match a service manual?

While I'm at it, I should probably get the case back seal as well. Do you happen to have the correct product number?

Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
The Seiko parts list for the 7A38-7190 calls up seals 0Z0060B01 (Crown) and EG0060B01 (Pusher).
According to Cousins, the generic part G39081 I quoted is equivalent to EG006BAA1. Near enough.

The case-back gasket is Seiko p/n FH3181B01 (or substitute FH318BA12).

Special Member
The Seiko parts list for the 7A38-7190 calls up seals 0Z0060B01 (Crown) and EG0060B01 (Pusher).
According to Cousins, the generic part G39081 I quoted is equivalent to EG006BAA1. Near enough.

The case-back gasket is Seiko p/n FH3181B01 (or substitute FH318BA12).
You are the 7A man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts