The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most beautiful and successful 7aX8, in my opinion, is the 7A28-7080 . It is a 100 meters ( 100 sports ) animated by the well known and very qualitative 7A28 caliber, introduced in 1983, which was the first chronograph quartz analog in the world with all-metal bridges, without compromise, even if it is not an high-end Quartz as they are now hardly realized, this category of product.

Here are the details:
The case 37 mm has a shape typically '70 years and his ntegrated bracelet is constituted by horizontal elements, the material is titanium from classic grey color and the very low specific weight. The case back instead is steel and the center has the typical wave used in many other watches from Seiko (sports), the code is case-back Japan J 7A28-7080 AD. The dial is black, at 3 the subdial chronograph, at 6 continuous seconds, at 9 minutes chronograph, in the outer flange tachometer. At the top of the dial the inscriptions are: Seiko (applied), quartz chornograph, titanuim (applied), sports 100. The hands flat and white for hours and minutes, triangle with a yellow arrow on ¾ for the chronographic second, the subdialnhands are white. The buttons on the case are the usual 4: at 2 hours to start / stop, at 4 hours to reset, to split at 10 hours, at 8 hours the crown remittance time.
This watch was produced only in 1983, so it is very rare and in excellent condition has reached respectable value.
The set looks graceful and modern, perfect size, attractive look, I would say one of the most interesting 7AX8 also for the presence of titanium, a material widely used by Seiko.
The catalog vintage:

Now we come to the photos of a recent purchase that I present to the forum

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
wow...that is a very beautiful watch...great find and great info too..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love the 7A movements. I am still amazed at the accuracy of these movements. I have a couple that loose less than 15 seconds a month. Some other a little slower but none run fast. I don't mess with the adjustments. For a thirty plus year old movement that is pretty amazing. I whish they could be picked up cheaper so I could own more of them but some of the rare models bring big money.

·
Registered
98 Posts
15 secs a month, I they need a service. Not hard to work on, just a little research needed but don't dismantle the main bridge unless you're a very patient chap. 15 secs/annum would be more like it.

This one is a very rare beast in such quality, just stunning and one of my grail watches

Great catch well done

Regards Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts