1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
549 Posts
Taxking, welcome to the 7a28 fold, that looks like a clean version. I have a couple (7040 & & 7049) and think they are the best wearing of the 7a28 models due to the extra weight and size. Although I love the other 7 or 8 models I have, they all seem a bit light in the current day and age of large heavy watches... The open lug models are all 20mm, I havent checked the bracelet version lug width which I would have presumed was still 20mm, but in my opinion no other bracelet or strap will work as nicely on that watch. I managed to find a spare against future requirements!

As for recent eprey pricing, one in a box (possibly original) went for $405, another looking clean recently went for $162... it is one of the most popular styles.

Mark

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark..

Probably paid a bit over odds for her but I figure if I pay less, then I'm replacing the cystal/bezel/refinshing the case. Chasing down parts....You know the drill.

This one looks GTG out of the box at TZ rating of 92%.

Is this version 40mm or is it larger at 43mm?

Thanks guys !!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys !!

I really didn't know how important historically and how an accurate movement the 7a28 is until spending the afternoon reading up on it. Quite the quartz movement it turns out.

Pull the trigger and study up on it later probably isn't the smartest thing to do. But all is well that ends well.

I can't wait for it to arrive...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts