The Watch Site banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Special Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So hello to all. Late one night saw a Seiko 7549-7009 golden tuna. Listed as dead battery and torn original strap. Asked seller a few questions stated a friend gave it to him with a dead battery? So made him an offer, he accepted. Watch arrived today. So after a quick visual inspection, everything looked good, just dirty. So to the bench and disassembly to see if there was any battery leakage. Got lucky battery was just dead. New battery and she is happily ticking away. So after a little cleaning, removing dust specs, cleaning the crown threads. Reassembly went well, no missing parts or gaskets. Installed an uncle seiko band. Still have the original nitride gold buckle. Will probably put in on an uncle Seiko band? Anyway got lucky, happy it's running. Now to find some new seals/gaskets and a new crystal.
Watch Analog watch Hand Clock Watch accessory

· Special Member
9,687 Posts
Yes sir that tuna was a great catch indeed ! Dial and hands are amazing, bezel looks nice for its age. Getting the gold TiN buckle is key, swap that onto a modern safe one.

Hard to find in this condition major congratulations on a major score.

Crystal gaskets in stock at Seiko, the crystal 335W10GA00 on ebay now go grab one !

· Craftsman
4,324 Posts
Great score Adam!
I used to have some of Jonathan's repo crystals for these but I'd have to check and see if I have any left.

Looks like you reeled that in right out of Jon's neck of the woods.

· Special Member
1,860 Posts
When I went through getting my Son's 1st diver serviced to give it to him as a surprise, the crystal took so long to arrive it was not part of the service and pressure test, one of my Son's comments about the watch was that he was so glad I left the old crystal scars and all :) I still have the new one jic
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wood
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory
Watch Joint Arm Muscle Analog watch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts