The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sent in my Seiko 7548 to Seiko to get running again. I just heard back that they can’t repair it due to not having the parts to do so. My father gave me this watch when I was young and the plan was to get repaired and gift back to him. Does anyone know who I can contact to maybe get repaired with after market parts? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Get a working 7546 donor movement and swap out the problem parts. Did they diagnose the problem? Could be as simple as a coil or circuit change ....

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
DAHASCO's your best bet on this one. If it's just the movement that's wrong, it's a straight-forward movement or parts swap. The 7548 was built to last and is very repairable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get a working 7546 donor movement and swap out the problem parts. Did they diagnose the problem? Could be as simple as a coil or circuit change ....
I’ve never worked on a watch before so I’m going to have someone with the knowledge take care of it. I appreciate your suggestion though.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
What would be the asking price?
Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I posted just to show that a 7548 diver is fairly easily 'restored', as just about all parts are available.... As mentioned above, DAHASCO is your best bet, I see no reason why your watch can't be restored to fully working order.......and again as mentioned before it may well be as simple as replacing the coil and/or circuit.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if that was aimed at me, but I posted just to show that a 7548 diver is fairly easily 'restored', as just about all parts are available.... As mentioned above, DAHASCO is your best bet, I see no reason why your watch can't be restored to fully working order.......and again as mentioned before it may well be as simple as replacing the coil and/or circuit.....
Haha, your post confused me when you said if yours isn’t repairable how but mine.........I’m definitely going to get mine repaired. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
26,038 Posts
For those wondering what was wrong with Eric's Fathers watch...The issue was battery leakage, The date wheel was eaten away and the circuit board was trashed, New gaskets, Crystal, Cleaning and service. A few crappy pics. Thanks again Eric.
20200814_122152.jpg
20200814_122450_HDR.jpg
20200814_122800.jpg
20200814_122917_HDR.jpg
20200814_123538.jpg
20200814_123550_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
26,038 Posts
That is just Superb that your Father has his watch back on the wrist, Enjoy for many years to come !!! It was a pleasure to work on that watch. Thanks Again Eric.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts