The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this neglected quartz diver from the local op shop. Delighted to find it!
It has been said before us Aussies don't look after our watches!
No idea what your talking about.
Concrete crusted on the casing is normal ware....

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Camrok

That watch now that's what one would call .......,
" Setting A Foundation to start Building on ".
that's a watch that you have gotten that you will start a build
and when its done, and you look at the before pictures you took,
" And you need to take pictures ", of it and later say that
was a foundation well built. Later on you would probably say
it took some building to get that one done.
I would say that watch is a .... " Winner Once Done ".
I bet it will be a good project looking at it, and for the price
you could not loose.:72::13:
Under all that, there is a very nice dial I would say.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A bit closer look. It ticked but didn't tock....

The hands had some rust and appeared to be a bit flakey...
I changed them with these that were laying around from a previous project that I got bored of.

I have got it running after winding it a few rounds but I'm not sure if it will keep going without a decent clean and service.
I've never done a clean and service before but I have 2 7546 movements I can use as test runs first. Just have to find a donor coil.
Next stop crystal.
The bezel is a little loose also. I will try a new gasket and insert but don't know if it will cut it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The coil is fine on the 7548. The 7546's have suffered the usual fate of many 7546's. They have already had their coils donated! I am hoping to find another 7546 donor or coil to assist in my learning.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
see you had a nice Dial under all that mess

A bit closer look. It ticked but didn't tock....

The hands had some rust and appeared to be a bit flakey...
I changed them with these that were laying around from a previous project that I got bored of.

I have got it running after winding it a few rounds but I'm not sure if it will keep going without a decent clean and service.
I've never done a clean and service before but I have 2 7546 movements I can use as test runs first. Just have to find a donor coil.
Next stop crystal.
The bezel is a little loose also. I will try a new gasket and insert but don't know if it will cut it.
camrok,
You see that was a nice Dial under all that mess. Just clean it up I would say.
Probably needs a good service and it should work good.:72:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I know it might sound silly but I'm wearing it with pride today. Love that Seikos are so resilient!
Question get some original styled hands or keep the polongeur hands.
Has anyone ever grabbed sapphire crystals from either outletgoods or cyrstaltimes on eBay?
I know dagaz is the preferred but I have a sellers discount that I would like to milk of eBay.
Cam

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd be proud to own a watch that had been through the wringer more than once. Gaskets, crystal, and I'd be happy (easily pleased, me). As for the hands, I'm not too sure, they'd most likely grow on me, but the contrast in lume would get to me.
Regards, David

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've just ordered sapphire crystal. The white Lume on vintage is the only thing I don't like. The red second hand has won me over especially with the Pepsi bezel. Will see what it looks like when the new crystal arrives. In the mean time I will give the case a light polish but leave the heavier stuff. I'm keeping this fossil.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts