The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up a case back removal tool. I wonder if this is the original battery in this beast? Time to find the equivalent and get it in. The case back gasket looks good. Will replacement of battery and retightening of the case be enough for everyday use? Including getting it wet, but no diving or swimming. Thanks for the replies. On a side note, this is my second battery replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes, it should be good for splishing around, but to dive with it would need to be pressure tested anyway.

I still hate to see when the battery strap is undone from the coil side like that. One slip of the screwdriver to the coil it's all over.
A good habit is to always undo the crown side screw instead.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Yes, it should be good for splishing around, but to dive with it would need to be pressure tested anyway.

I still hate to see when the battery strap is undone from the coil side like that. One slip of the screwdriver to the coil it's all over.
A good habit is to always undo the crown side screw instead.
Most defiantly that is a very (MAJOR) point Given.
If new to all this and old also, always ask before doing
the operations, could save one some valuable parts even
a good watch.
Read some postings, some of us we have been there already.:blowup::57:
Never assume and take chances.:41:
There is no " Failure " in asking questions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so very much for the replies. I was careful and got the battery replaced but next time will make sure to undo from the crown side screw. Lubed the gasket. I will probably replace the strap since the strap keeper broke. I read that usually the strap is need of replacement when that happens. I will make sure to "ask" before I start on the next project. I was told once that the stupidest question of all is the one that wasn't asked. Thank you once again for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts