The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this watch since new and the case is still in perfect condition, however when I changed the battery it stopped working. After ignoring it for quit some time I bought another battery, but still no luck. Does anyone have, or know where I can buy a working quartz movement. My watch is a Pepsi, with a dark blue dial.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Administrator
30,707 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is possible that when you changed the battery you damaged the coil, it often seems to happen when some one without prior experience changes the battery.

Might be better looking for a donor such as the 7546 to harvest the coil (if it is the coil) or do a wtb on the TF.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
welcome to the forum....listen to TigerUK...it is possible the electronics are damaged...you can post pics after a few more posts...movements for that model should be easy to find with some searching...if we can help...please let us know...glad to have you with us

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Hi, It could be the gear train gum up with old oil,and just needs a service.

As Tiger (John) reported if you have damaged the coil you can use a 7546 coil as it's the same part No.

This movement is very reliable with very little maintenance to keep them going, don't give up, as they are a great watch. Good luck.......Bob.

Ps where are you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi, It could be the gear train gum up with old oil,and just needs a service.

As Tiger (John) reported if you have damaged the coil you can use a 7546 coil as it's the same part No.

This movement is very reliable with very little maintenance to keep them going, don't give up, as they are a great watch. Good luck.......Bob.

Ps where are you.

What are those bracelets? OEM Seiko? Are they still available somewhere? I prefer the look of the hollow end links to the rounded solid aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 7548 diver had a few models that came originally on a solid link hollow end piece well made heavy bracelet. The model number was z199. It had a long buckle with no flip lock and the seiko SQ stamped.

These are extremely desirable bracelets and are more rare to find than the 7548 diver watch head itself.

There quite a few aftermarket options that work that are easily had though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts