The Watch Site banner

Seiko 7548-7000 Bezel Insert Swap with a Twist

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SeikoPsycho2 
#1 ·
No great shakes here but a fun little project I wanted to share with the members here. I recently received this nice 90s 7548-7000 with original black bezel insert for a bezel insert swap along with an interesting early 70s Seiko 2411-302A tank watch for service which I will showcase in another thread.

The member provided me with an original Seiko Pepsi bezel insert to swap in for the black bezel insert. The only issue here was the Pepsi insert was missing its lume pip which I would have to transfer from the old insert to the new insert. I want to thank Tom Robinson (Seikopsycho2) for his advice and counsel on this procedure as i have never attempted a lume pip swap on one of these inserts before. Pretty straight forward process involving carefully scraping out the old lume and moving the plastic lens pip over to the new insert and then back filling it with lume. In this case I custom mixed the lume 2:1 Bone White and Tan for a more vintage look with low luminosity to better match with the aged lume on the dial. Getting this all done and the bezel inserts back in place and lined up at the 12 o'clock was very satisfying. Overall a great looking watch.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice job. If you had been inclined to keep the old lume on the pip for whatever reason, the pip will pop out pretty easily by simply pressing on it with peg wood from the front. The old lume just cracks around the perimeter and the pip drops out.

Also, if you get in a pinch you can always cut a new lens that will work very well out of clear poly report cover an a leather punch. There’s a how to I did a few years ago floating around someplace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
Here’s this in case you run into a need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Great work John as always!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.