The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 7123-823 diver which I really like but its in need of some fixing. Does anyone know a watchmaker who does work on these movements in europe?

Thanks
Jacob

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
It seems fellow member killsnapz also has a 7123 that needs fixing (it's a few threads down) - maybe you two can exchange. I know of a german guy who fixes Seiko Quartz watches, but maybe you are better off finding one on here, as he had health issues lately and does not get to work on the watches.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer!
If anyone on here can fix it I would be greatful for suggestions who I should contact.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I work on them Jacob but I am in the US. I have a couple of 7123 powered diver models. Even a really nice Silverwave 7123 with a screw down crown at the 4 o'clock position and a beautiful turquoise colored dial. I just bought a couple more parts watch to restock my inventory. You can not buy coils for the 7123 and they often are bad. I have plenty of extra circuit boards for the 7123 also.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Jacob if you want to spend the money on shipping I would be more than happy to restore your 7123 powered Seiko. I stockpile movements of all of the 70's and 80's Seiko quartz models. I am very well stocked on all of the most common parts that fail like the coils and the circuit boards and I even have many NOS boards and coils that have been long discontinued by Seiko going back to stuff as old as the 0903 movements or hard to find movements like the 4633 4663. I tend not to sell these parts because they are to hard to replace. To me they are far more valuable to be used in my restoration projects so when most people ask I will not sell these parts.
The real only choice you have if you have a Seiko 7123 or any of the other 70's or 80's quartz models that are non functional is to buy a working example of eBay. Look for an ugly case with the same movement that runs and you know no matter what part has failed on your watch you have the failed part and it is known good. As far as I know just about every coil and board for all of the Seiko quarts movements from the 70's and 80's are all discontinued and available only as good used parts if you whish to repair any of these watches. Example movements would be the 0903 3703 3863 4633 4663 4823 6030 6920 6923 7123 7546 7548 8123 8223 8229. Be careful when buying these models if they do not run. Because if you do not have spares you are not going to get them from any watch parts supply house. It will be by post in the WTB thread or eBay hunting. These unfortunately are all of the best Seiko quarts models that actually had jewels in the movement and are mostly made of steel instead of plastic like all of the newer quartz movements.

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jacob if you want to spend the money on shipping I would be more than happy to restore your 7123 powered Seiko. I stockpile movements of all of the 70's and 80's Seiko quartz models. I am very well stocked on all of the most common parts that fail like the coils and the circuit boards and I even have many NOS boards and coils that have been long discontinued by Seiko going back to stuff as old as the 0903 movements or hard to find movements like the 4633 4663. I tend not to sell these parts because they are to hard to replace. To me they are far more valuable to be used in my restoration projects so when most people ask I will not sell these parts.
The real only choice you have if you have a Seiko 7123 or any of the other 70's or 80's quartz models that are non functional is to buy a working example of eBay. Look for an ugly case with the same movement that runs and you know no matter what part has failed on your watch you have the failed part and it is known good. As far as I know just about every coil and board for all of the Seiko quarts movements from the 70's and 80's are all discontinued and available only as good used parts if you whish to repair any of these watches. Example movements would be the 0903 3703 3863 4633 4663 4823 6030 6920 6923 7123 7546 7548 8123 8223 8229. Be careful when buying these models if they do not run. Because if you do not have spares you are not going to get them from any watch parts supply house. It will be by post in the WTB thread or eBay hunting. These unfortunately are all of the best Seiko quarts models that actually had jewels in the movement and are mostly made of steel instead of plastic like all of the newer quartz movements.

Michael
Hello all.. I know that the last posts to this thread were from several years ago, but I was surfing around online for information on replacing or repairing a Seiko 7123 quartz watch movement, and I came across this thread. I have recently discovered that the parts for this watch are apparently being made any longer and aren't available. The 7123 in my possession have had for a few years, and happened to find it at a flea market. It wasn't running, but I had a battery replacement done, and the watch has been running great until recently. Currently the issue I'm having is the seconds hand spins, but the hour and minute hands don't advance to keep time. I had another battery put in as I thought might be an issue. Anyhow, although I don't have much invested in the watch, I have become fond of it, and would like to see of there is any option to get it repaired. Hence discovering this thread. Again, I realize that the last posts were from some time ago, but thought I'd take a shot in the dark and see if there might be any information or referrals that could be provided. Thanks so much! From what I've read on this forum, it is a very knowledgeable subscriber base. All the best!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts