The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share a recently acquired, and what I believe is a quite hard to find 7019-6030 Silver dial sports diver. I have given it a clean up but have ordered a new crystal for it as the current one wont quite clean up fully. Does anybody have information on this 7019, I hadn't seen one before until I snagged this off of eBay cheap. Only issue with the watch at the moment is that the crown/stem doesn't have the gear to turn the rotating inner bezel so I need to find the correct part. Anybody have any idea how to locate that?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Jonathan Koch, who post here as Swedefreak may be able to help. He sourced a new stem/gear and crown combo for my 6139-6002 recently.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aladin_sane said:
Jonathan Koch, who post here as Swedefreak may be able to help. He sourced a new stem/gear and crown combo for my 6139-6002 recently.

Meant to post an update to this but had forgotten. I contacted Jonathan who was able to source all the parts I needed to get the crown operational again for the inner bezel. I finally got around to installing them this past weekend and the inner bezel is now operated in a silky smooth fashion via the crown. What would we do without great people like this in the hobby, thanks Jonathan...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Am always glad to see these great old timepieces up and running as they should. Happy I could help on this one, too.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gabe, it was your excellent post on 7019's that re-invigorated me to go looking for some of these old predominantly JDM only beauties... (Post is here for everybody: http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=1325.0)

To your question though, there were a couple of running issues with this one when I got it but having paid only $20 or so for this one I figured it was worth sinking my teeth into to get her back into life. I gave her a partial strip down and clean, a little oiling and she now runs pretty efficiently but is currently about +40 - +50 seconds a day so I may tinker with it a little more, but I can definitely live with those kind of numbers on a 40 year old watch. Once I got the crown gear and stem from Jonathan and installed them, the inner bezel worked great though it is if anything a little too responsive. I have to take some more recent photos of this one as the one I am using here doesn't do it any justice at all.

I have been meaning to post several reviews recently of new acquisitions but haven't been able to find the time to sit down for an extended period and put together something cohesive. I will try harder :)

Isthmus said:
So Technoman, is your 7019 back in business? Please give us a review of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts