The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bracelet for my 7017…any ideas on a good aftermarket fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
The bracelets for the 7017 series of watches are unique. Those watches were made for the JDM and as far as I know, the bracelets weren't used on any other models. The end pieces in particular are unique and very hard to find.

That said, a nice leather rally strap always looks good. I also put a Seiko rally bracelet on one of mine, and while not original is period and style correct. A couple pictures.

As for leather strap brands, my first choices are DiModell and Fluco ...
Those Seiko rally bracelets do show up occasionally and at reasonable prices.

DCD1E3F5-F29E-4414-9508-BD911E527FDB_1_105_c.jpeg
A3C22164-2B83-48FB-A175-F7C781ABC6BF_1_105_c.jpeg

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
All the bracelets for the 7017 watches will have this embossed clasp.

8F88F421-6030-494B-8889-DC6DFD75E363_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: Grammarofdesign

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I am also a fan of the di modell rally, which is currently fitted to my 7017. I just wondered if there was a good bracelet option without the custom end links…?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Unfortunately 7017-6050 has a truly distinctive bracelet that is not found in any other Seiko....nearly impossible to find on it's own.
But a google did throw up some interesting alternatives...have a look:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The problem with an aftermarket band is that none are going to fit the unusual lug/case shape except the original. Honestly though, this is maybe the ugliest bracelet of any vintage Seiko, and this watch really pops on a strap.

·
Special Member
7,365 Posts
The problem with an aftermarket band is that none are going to fit the unusual lug/case shape except the original. Honestly though, this is maybe the ugliest bracelet of any vintage Seiko, and this watch really pops on a strap.
Funny how we see it between collectors, I respect everyone’s view and to each his own, To my eye I can’t stand the look of a strap on these 701Xs, 6138s and 6139s, or such.

·
Special Member
2,927 Posts
The bracelet issue for my 701x watches has been interesting:

For the 7015 on the left I was able to get enough parts to put a bracelet together. One of the endlinks is from the JDM 6139-7010 that John Sachs manipulated to work. The other two are on straps which work for me. But I would like to try one of the bracelets on the right, but they are 18mm. The BoR bracelet is for a 19mm Omega FOIS from Uncle Seiko would be interesting, but I need the right endlinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grammarofdesign

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with @mwadner a good leather strap is a great option.

I wear (almost all) my 7017s on leather Di Modell rallye straps, despite having many of the bracelets. I favour the black rallye with red stitching to match the chrono, inner ring and bezel (on the 6050 Rally Meter):

·
Special Member
13,644 Posts
with about 90% of my watches being on bracelets, I like a little variety. A good leather strap is nice!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with @mwadner a good leather strap is a great option.

I wear (almost all) my 7017s on leather Di Modell rallye straps, despite having many of the bracelets. I favour the black rallye with red stitching to match the chrono, inner ring and bezel (on the 6050 Rally Meter):

View attachment 472029
Identical to mine currently on the same di modell rallye

1 - 15 of 15 Posts