1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Special Member
6,226 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the original bracelets a decent length? Wonder if I will be needing to add extender to fit 7 3/8?
My wrist is a similar size, and all 3 of the ones I bought with a bracelet attached were of sufficient length for me. But then again, this is something I check on carefully before bidding. I also have a few that I bought as watch heads only, so bracelets do get stripped from this model sometimes

Bottom line, I think that there is no reason at all to suppose that it is any harder to find a bracelet of suitable length for this model than any of its contemporaries…..

PS I know where spare links are to be found, if needed….

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts
My wrist is a similar size, and all 3 of the ones I bought with a bracelet attached were of sufficient length for me. But then again, this is something I check on carefully before bidding. I also have a few that I bought as watch heads only, so bracelets do get stripped from this model sometimes

Bottom line, I think that there is no reason at all to suppose that it is any harder to find a bracelet of suitable length for this model than any of its contemporaries…..

PS I know where spare links are to be found, if needed….
Any idea how I can fix this? It’s the only thing wrong with this 7017 bracelet. The spring bar “hook” on one side is broken off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,027 Posts

Three of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,466 Posts

·
Special Member
2,466 Posts
It was in the sun light and it very well may be relumed. It is definitely active...
Is it even possible to be original and that bright?
Not in my experience. The original lume is usually whitish and will fade pretty quickly if you check in the dark. Your (and my) 6119-6023s are a good example of original period lume. You can compare.
What caught my attention is the greenish color.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I hear ya...This watch has passed through a few hands since 2018 from my web search. I wonder if there is anything more to it than simply a very clean and cared for example?

·
Special Member
2,466 Posts
I hear ya...This watch has passed through a few hands since 2018 from my web search. I wonder if there is anything more to it than simply a very clean and cared for example?
That is the question. A nearly NOS example wouldn't normally have had to be relumed. Could you take another frontal picture in normal light?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I do notice some unevenness as well...The watch from case, to back to dial to crystal to bracelet is in such clean condition, it is hard not to nit-pick or punch holes frankly. And, I do not see it like that at all. Trust me, I want the most knowledgeable to provide input at all times when it comes to these vintage Seiko gems. The more eyes and input the better IMO.

·
Special Member
2,466 Posts
I do notice some unevenness as well...The watch from case, to back to dial to crystal to bracelet is in such clean condition, it is hard not to nit-pick or punch holes frankly. And, I do not see it like that at all. Trust me, I want the most knowledgeable to provide input at all times when it comes to these vintage Seiko gems. The more eyes and input the better IMO.
Admirable...that's also the way I think.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts