The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with you some pics of my recently bought Seiko 7017 – 6000 aka „Soccer“. Lovely status, have a look.. just the original bracelet and will be perfect..

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I saw this almost 4 year-old post. I loved the looks of it, and so when one popped up in great condition at a low price, I pounced!

On most of the ones I've seen, the orange has faded to yellow. This one is still bright orange.

The 7017-6000 is known as the ‘Basketball’ or 'Soccer' due to the two timer tracks on its graduated rotating inner bezel designed to time basketball or soccer matches. The soccer section of the ring is marked 'SOCCER' and is delineated in alternating white and black (the color of soccer balls) for 45 minutes, the time for each half of a game. The basketball section is marked 'BASKET BALL' and is graduated in two orange and black (the color of a basketballs) 20 minute sections with a ten minute break in between.

I'll call mine El fútbol, because that's what people call soccer around here.

It will fit in well with my 70M collection.

As a bonus, I already own the original bracelet which I picked up incidentally a year or so ago, not knowing to what watch it was designed for.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
nice score John - I'm a huge 7017 fan.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Very nice, congratulations! Please post some pics when it’s on the original bracelet.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
This is a great 7017, which I’m also in love with. A very nice catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
843 Posts
How beautiful and unique! I saw that on YJ and almost bid on it, but couldn't find much information about it and didn't know how to assess the originality.
I was really hoping a forum member got it so I could see how it turned out. Congratulations on a rare find!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts