The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time posting so please bear with me.
I have a Seiko 7006-8040 automatic from 1974.
Try as I might I cannot set the date, and day in particular.
Help!

·
Special Member
5,458 Posts
Helo Stecos,
Welcome to the forums. Hope to see a pic of your watch too. The 7006 sets the day by pulling the stem out 1 click (2 clicks to set the time) and turning the crown backwards. The day does not have a quick set and is changed by pulling the crown out 2 clicks and advancing the hands past 12 until the day changes, then back until the day wheel ticks, then forward again until the day changes, repeat until you have the day set. If it is not working it would need to be disassembled to determine the cause.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helo Stecos,
Welcome to the forums. Hope to see a pic of your watch too. The 7006 sets the day by pulling the stem out 1 click (2 clicks to set the time) and turning the crown backwards. The day does not have a quick set and is changed by pulling the crown out 2 clicks and advancing the hands past 12 until the day changes, then back until the day wheel ticks, then forward again until the day changes, repeat until you have the day set. If it is not working it would need to be disassembled to determine the cause.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for that Zeke. Ha ha. I eventually managed it. One click and the date changes, in only one direction. Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Two clicks and the time changes and then the day changes. But, then the time is wrong. So push the crown back in fully and pull it out again two clips and the time can be set. No idea if that is how it should work, but, everything is now correct. Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts