The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an inexpensive Seiko 7006-1109 - terrible picture, no information on condition etc. It finally showed up, and I have something of a mystery on my hands.

First off, condition: it's nearly new despite having been made in June of '72. It arrived running - I guess the motion of being in the postal stream was enough to wind it a bit. It's a gold-tone watch, gold hands. Hands have a blue streak to match the circular blue faux sport ring on the face. Hands are lumed, as are all twelve points, and the lume still glows nicely. The movement looks beautiful, perfect. There's no real wear to the gold tone finish. It looks MUCH better in person than it does in my awful photos, by the way.

I can't find much information on this 7006 variant - anyone else seen one? Movement is a 7006a.

And there's a logo on the dial at 9 o'clock that I don't recognize: a red globe with a line across it, like the path of a satellite, over a large stylized "U". How common are custom-marked Seikos? Anyone seen this logo before?

My usual terrible photographs:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
This looks like a custom model made for a commercial client. That would explain the logo and why the silver dial is in the golden case.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I knew which company - the logo makes me think of aerospace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts