The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year and a half ago, my lovely wife bought me one of the limited edition (253/500 to be exact) Seiko Star Wars Stormtroopers with a 6R21 movement. I absolutely love the watch, but it is +15 a day, every day. This is well within the +25/-15 accuracy rating for the 6R21 movement. However, but I'd love to get it closer to dead on accurate. Looking through the caseback, I can see that the adjustment is only about 1 mm from full slow (the "-" side). This being said, I have 2 questions.

1. Should I bother opening the case myself and try to regulate it? Bear in mind that I have never attempted to regulate a watch, and I do not own a watch timer.

2. If the adjustment is set full slow, but the watch still runs fast, what more can be done?

Thanks so much for any help that you guys can give me.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you tried positional regulation? Watches are typically adjusted to between 2 - 8 positions. When you take your watch off at night you may want to find the optimum position that will compensate for drift during normal wear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The differences can be very subtle. Face up overnight and I can gain up to 4 to 6 seconds. Crown up and I can lose up to 2 seconds. I check most days for accuracy with the same time reference and will adjust accordingly overnight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't be able to get a good picture of the regulator. The caseback is clear, but it has a picture of a Stormtrooper on it, and it's not easy to get a clear picture of the movement. I don't really want to experiment with it either. I think I just need to find a good watch shop to regulate it. The irony is that I live in Tokyo, but it's hard to find a watchmaker because I don't speak Japanese.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts