The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
33,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been wearing my SPB083J1/SBDC065/6R15-04G0/Great Blue Hole (I can't remember all that I have it written down :) ) for the last few weeks 18/7 really enjoy it, lume is Seiko lume so great and IMO it looks good and its nice a shiny, to be honest I can't fault it.

I reset the date and time June 30 ready for the new month and I have kept an eye on the accuracy and I am pleased to see it has only gained 2 seconds over seven days, thats not bad and I like the fact its gained rather than lost but then again two seconds either way won't have an affect on my life one way or the other hopefully :)

Whats not to like ?

ps: I dident hack the Blue I just tried to take the photo when the sweep hand was at the 12 position

·
Special Member
9,311 Posts
I have read a number of accounts from frustrated owners who have watches with 6R movements that find them erratic and troublesome and who rate the 4R much higher.

My own experience with the 6R is a positive one. I have two Sumo's and they've proved to be reliable and accurate and haven't given any trouble whatsoever

·
Special Member
7,632 Posts
I have or have had about 10 or the 6R15 and/or 6R35 movements and every one is/was a fantastic timekeeper. I have on a Sumo today just popped it on the TG for a quick peek. Running -8 spd dial up and -3 spd crown down.

Never regulated it's just how it is. I have my regulated 6R15 SKX009 mod running -0 spd DU/DD/CD how much more can one ask ?

I don't doubt the owners who report issues but I do not think the happy owners start threads like this one John started so I liken it to those social media restaurant review web sites (Yelp, etc.) where every time someone has a bad meal they jump on their phone and pan the joint. But everyone else who had a great meal, say 99% of the diners, they don't post their positive impressions.

·
Special Member
3,428 Posts
I have a few 6R15s and they normally are just fine out of the box. A couple have not. My watchmaker squares them away in about 20 minutes on the timing machine, and they have stayed tuned for a long time.

·
Administrator
33,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update, now 14 days since I set the time and it has lost a total of 2 seconds in 14 days or averaged -0.14 SPD, not bad :)

·
Special Member
13,988 Posts
The 6R35 in my Sumo is probably my most accurate watch I have. And a very long power reserve. Zero complaints ... a helluva movement IMO.

Reactions: Reynaldo and Reflex

·
Special Member
13,988 Posts
I have been wearing my SPB083J1/SBDC065/6R15-04G0/Great Blue Hole (I can't remember all that I have it written down :) ) for the last few weeks 18/7 really enjoy it, lume is Seiko lume so great and IMO it looks good and its nice a shiny, to be honest I can't fault it.

I reset the date and time June 30 ready for the new month and I have kept an eye on the accuracy and I am pleased to see it has only gained 2 seconds over seven days, thats not bad and I like the fact its gained rather than lost but then again two seconds either way won't have an affect on my life one way or the other hopefully :)

Whats not to like ?

ps: I dident hack the Blue I just tried to take the photo when the sweep hand was at the 12 position

View attachment 476540
very clever picture. How many takes to nail that?

·
Special Member
6,537 Posts
Based on the 7 or so I've owned or currently have I'm definitely not a 6r fan. Just too inconsistent.

My Shogun is running nicely this week, but I could get a different box of chocolates next time I wear it. It's always been unpredictable.
Slow or fast you never know. Still love the watch though.

Orange Sumo stays on the plus side so that's good, but again it's been regulated twice but always goes back to where it likes at about +8 to +12 s/d.

My SPB053 started fast and kept getting faster over the year. I've been lucky regulating a couple in the past, but too much coffee one morning and I killed the movement.

Had a new one installed and it started out great on the plus side, then within months already like -8 or so s/d. I hate a slow watch.

My three 4r watches have all been great.

·
Administrator
33,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
21 days update, since we have been having this hot weather it seems to lose slightly rather than gain slightly, now total six seconds slow after 21 days so averaging -0.28 SPD over the 21 day period, still not bad :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts