The Watch Site banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by DaveS/Chimp Hanger

6319-8000

This is my favourite, just finished it today. I love this watch - a 21 jewel hacking military style Seiko. If Seiko had made a G10 mechanical watch it may have looked something like this. All it needs is a white on black day/date wheel. (Anybody know where I can get a set for the 3 oclock crown movement?)
Case and movement from Ramon, dial from Harold, hands from Noah (relumed by me), hacking kit from petewatch.

The case beadblasting was done by Michael Newby and I must say he has done me proud. The finish is just perfect. Thanks again Michael.

Just fitted one of Pete Kuhn's hacking kits to a 6319 movement. Took a few pics in the process, hopefully they might be useful to anyone contemplating the same mod. Apologies if I get any of the part names wrong - I'm taking them from the technical guide as best I can.

First set the crown to the day/date adjustment position - most important to make it easy to fit the hacking lever. Then remove the second hand from the movement as you will need to remove the "fourth wheel" to which it is attached.

Remove the automatic winding mechanism

[img], [img], [img]

Remove the ratchet wheel, the barrel/train wheel bridge, fourth wheel/pinion and the third wheel/pinion.

[img], [img], [img]

You can now see the centre wheel bridge which needs to be removed to fit the modified bridge supplied with the kit. A barrel jewel is supplied with the kit in case the bush is worn. Mine was OK so I didn't fit the jewel.

[img], [img], [img]

Fit the new bridge and the hacking lever

[img], [img], [img]

Then, as they say, reassembly is the reverse of the disassembly procedure, making sure that the pinions and the click spring are all correctly located when you refit the bridge.

If all goes to plan you should now have a hacking 6309/6319.

[img]

What could possibly go wrong?

[img]

6319 movement with hacking lever fitted, Harold dial, Noah hands, Michael Newby case finish.

Cheers me up but .... just can't quite get it regulated yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts