The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my Seiko 6309-7290, because the case was a bit too polished for my liking. I started searching for a replacement long before selling it, but found that original examples were very hard to come by. Even original dials seem to have become scarce for this model; almost every one I've seen comes with aftermarket parts.
Has the Seiko 6309-729x model become even rarer than the 704x? I've had no difficulty finding all original 6309 cushion cases anywhere, but I don't think I've found a single 729x in months. Is it just me?

·
Ultimate Collector
3,276 Posts
I agree. 729x are plentiful on eBay, but practically all of them are 'restored' with aftermarket dials, hands, bezels..... I have a good collection of 704x's but big holes in my 729x collection.

Getting a good one is not easy, getting a 729B is nigh on impossible.

·
Special Member
2,028 Posts
i sold mine a few years ago because i never wore it. in hindsight, i might have held onto that one, but no biggie. to be honest, i never got used to wearing an orange diver.

<* shark >>><

·
Ultimate Collector
3,276 Posts
Difficult to tell from the photo's, I would like finer detail. But it looks very good to me. - Just what I am looking for!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
looks pretty good to my eye. The bezel insert appears to be correct, with large lume pip and correct font. Don't know about the hands but look OK. The dial has at least got the correct 12 o'clock marker, coming more to a point than the common AM dials (as fitted to my 729A :( ) though can't see any chamfering on the day/date window? I suppose it all hinges on how much it has cost you. I bought my one, in much the same visual condition, knowing it had AM dial, hands and totally wrong bezel insert (since replaced with a 'more correct' AM pepsi bezel) but it only cost me $50.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
6309-729x didn't have day/date window chamfer.
Original dial then :cool:
While I really appreciate a good, totally original, watch, I bought mine as an every day wearer and not a collectors piece, only worn very rarely, that would have cost me at least three times the price, which, to 99% of observers, other than by the serious watch enthusiast, looks identical ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
thanks fellows for all the feedback. i just got home and there is a parcel on the table.
Hmm i wonder whats in there....about 5 watches i think....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts