The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 6309-7290 I bought off the bay over a year ago when i was just getting the bug.
I bought blind like a sucker without much research, AM Hands/Dial/Bezel....
live and learn.

I love the case as its very comfortable so I thought I would buy some new parts to mod it into something id like.
  1. Samurai Dial in Blue
  2. Yobokies MM300 hands
  3. and I am awaiting a blue chapter ring.

Well I got a bit too bored this morning and went for it... :D
Decided I would change everything today and change the chapter ring another day when it arrives.

Changed over the dial and hands and got it back together running....

I discovered the 4r35 dial has different feet than the 6309 dial so the only way I could line it up was with the Dial12 position at about the 10 position. This actually suits me fine as I wear the watch on my right hand and it lines up in a Guigaro SCED057 kinda way...but the chapter ring does not look right. I guess it might look better if it all aligned but I dont think i have the skills to tackle that issue.

This was my first watch mod....if it wasn't obvious enough:grin:

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Along very similar lines.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I cut the dial feet off to align the SRP dial on this 6309
Blue AM chapter and a genuine set of SKX hands, so the lume matches.
The 6309 movement wasnt in the best of order i was trying it out to see if the mod would work, its now been swapped out for a 7546 Quartz

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Thanks Jon.

To the OP.
The date not aligning in the window would drive me nuts Otherwise i think its a cool mod.
Personally id clip off the dial feet and just tweek the dial so the date aligns with the window, you can use sticky dial dots on the date wheel guard to keep the dial in place.

4R35 is crown at 3.18 and the 6309 has crown at 4, so you'll never get the 12 marker top dead center and the date to align.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jon.

To the OP.
The date not aligning in the window would drive me nuts Otherwise i think its a cool mod.
Personally id clip off the dial feet and just tweek the dial so the date aligns with the window, you can use sticky dial dots on the date wheel guard to keep the dial in place.

4R35 is crown at 3.18 and the 6309 has crown at 4, so you'll never get the 12 marker top dead center and the date to align.
Thanks, I have a blue chapter ring and the last bit of work to do was to swap that out.....but in my haste i made a mistake. I was using a press to take out the crystal and it shattered :eek:hmy:

It looks like someone had glued the crystal in place and its a bit of a mess now...

·
Banned
4,527 Posts
Thanks, I have a blue chapter ring and the last bit of work to do was to swap that out.....but in my haste i made a mistake. I was using a press to take out the crystal and it shattered :eek:hmy:

It looks like someone had glued the crystal in place and its a bit of a mess now...

Good on you for giving it a go. :D

Its a nice dial/hands combo.

Re the dial - just glue it where you want it. I use Araldite but most glues will work.

Re the glass - bummer it broke:eek:hmy:

If you measure the thickness of it - probably 2.5mm and diameter of the recess it sits in - 32.5mm ? you'll be able to get a generic glass from somewhere like Esslinger and glue it back in. Seals are really hard to come by and a waste to have to buy just one seal.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
IIRC to remove the crystal you first have to pry off the retaining ring and then the crystal is easily removed with its gasket. If you pressed it without removing the retaining ring that would be why it shattered

Clean off the glue, fit a new gasket to the case, make sure the crystal sits nicely in the gasket and is sitting squarely, then with firmly clenched buttock cheeks, press on the retaining ring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i got around to attempting it last night....How clenched must my cheeks be?
I am afraid of shattering the new crystal and I cant seem to get the last mm or so needed to get all to click together!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts