The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's up with the marker at 2?
Looking under the loup there is some discolouration round the edge of the 2 marker which gives the impression that it's smaller than the others but I'm no expert as you'll have gathered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really good choice. I do love the relatively minimalist dial. Well done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm loving it too. I don't really mind if some or all of the parts are not original although that would be super cool. The dial looks pretty authentic to my untrained eye but there's a question mark over the 2 lume.
Most of the code under 6 is visible and the rest can be seen under a loupe. The lume works reasonably but dies fast.
The bezel insert looks a little unmarked for its age. I have an original insert and the markings on it seem to be a bit thicker but I'd like to hear form the experts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, I'm loving it too. I don't really mind if some or all of the parts are not original although that would be super cool. The dial looks pretty authentic to my untrained eye but there's a question mark over the 2 lume.
Most of the code under 6 is visible and the rest can be seen under a loupe. The lume works reasonably but dies fast.
The bezel insert looks a little unmarked for its age. I have an original insert and the markings on it seem to be a bit thicker but I'd like to hear form the experts.
Ultimately the beauty of the watch is in the eyes of the beholder (aka the person who wears the watch). If you're happy with it even if doesn't have original parts, who are others to stop you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does look the part, Who are The Experts ? I have a stack of 6309's I need to have a look at.
Haha! Indeed who are the experts? I'm waiting to hear from some but maybe you are one - if you have a stack of 6309s! Look forward to hearing from you after your research.

·
Registered
25,229 Posts
You know Rob, I would bet that the entire watch has been gone through an presented quite nicely, The 2:00 marker is probably just that Rob, I Now really think the bezel insert is Harolds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is most interesting and thanks for your input. Could the dial be original? Presumably Harold is Yobokies?

·
Registered
133 Posts
How does the lume of the insert look compared to the dial? Either way, it is a nice looking watch. Enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,229 Posts
I'm not knocking it, I like the looks. It also looks like the dial code is faded ? Can you post a close up of the codes please. The dial is Seiko as are the hands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. If you mean the lume in the hands, I'd say to the naked eye they look the same as the markers as does the colour of the bezel insert pip. Under the loupe the hands look a fraction darker, maybe a slightly grey tinge but very close. So close the difference could be caused by the silver outline of the hands.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts