The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new vintage seikos and to this forum.i apologize if this thread is in the wrong place or have been brought up before.

I have recently acquired my first vintage 6309-7040 from a reputable ebayer. Everything is as described and I love it and have not taken it off for quite some time.

However one thing that's been bugging me is that for the couple of times when I tried to set the time, a habit of mine would be to turn the crown anti clockwise just to get a feel of the crown and then clockwise (not sure if any of u get what I mean).
But for that split second when I turn it anticlockwise, I can see that all the hands start to freeze/lag for the duration that i am turning it anticlockwise, but when I turn it to clockwise the hands will start to move normally.

I am wondering if this is normal or could there be something wrong as I have not had any problems with some of my other cheaper Quartz/automatic watches when adjusting the time, turning clockwise/anticlockwise would allow the hands to turn freely regardless.

Hope some of you can help me clarify this.
Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts