The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've liked this model for a while now and finally snagged a working one for lunch money. No bracelet and it's got 22mm lugs.

This was the sellers pic. Badly scratched faceted acrylic. Looked like a greenish grey dial.

Got it this morning. Dial def not green.

This is after using a 6 stage nail buff to get rid of most of the scratches then a going over with polywatch. Love the dial colour. Shifts depending on the light.

I'm going to hunt down a crystal gasket and a crown gasket.

Next will be a cleaning of the case and a light going over to try and remove most of the lighter scratches.

The lume is intact on the hands but as is expected it doesn't last more than a minute. I will leave that alone until I've honed my luming skills.

·
Premium Member
9,635 Posts
Seiko 6106-5569

Isn't that an amazing case shape? Mine too has the huge 22mm lugs.

Love everything about your watch. Here is it's brother.

post a couple other shots?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that an amazing case shape? Mine too has the huge 22mm lugs.

Love everything about your watch. Here is it's brother.

post a couple other shots?
Nice
Never seen that version. Only a white dialed stainless cased one.

Few more

·
Premium Member
9,635 Posts
the faceted crystal on yours is a real bonus .... very nice. thanks for the extra pics. These are just some of the most stylish watches Seiko made.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the faceted crystal on yours is a real bonus .... very nice. thanks for the extra pics. These are just some of the most stylish watches Seiko made.
Didn't even notice yours had non faceted one.
Was it not standard fitment ?

·
Premium Member
9,635 Posts
mine has stock crystal - non-faceted. very similar movements and cases. Someone at Seiko decided what went with what .....

Thanks Phil !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts