The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is for sale on the bay. "Just fully serviced", but not in great shape and overpolished as usual (no crest lines in the case). The owner (USA) is asking $1,500, which I think is a bit too much. What do you think? Would you you pay that kind of money for this particular specimen of a 6217-8001? I know I wouldn't. I'd offer no more than $850 for this one. But then again, I wouldn't becasuse I don't like this one :)

The first Seiko Diver is very collectible and desired by many watch collectors. This watch does have some wear as expected for a watch 50 years old. The watch has been fully serviced on December 2 by an expert watchmaker who cleaned every part, and tested the watch for accuracy. The watch works perfectly and I have been wearing it every day and it keeps perfect time. I also had new minute and hour hands put on watch as the lume on original hands was turning very brown and disintegrating a bit. The new hands allow you to quickly look at watch and clearly see the time. I do not have original hands.

I am also including a new face as well as additional replacement hands as part of the sale.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I emailed the seller of this watch when he first put it up for sale over three months ago. It has been relisted at least 10 times for many different prices. He emailed me back that he had just over $1000 dollars invested in the watch and could not sell it for much less than $1200. At that times he had the old hands and dial still on it. Now it appears he has installed the reproduction hands but not the reproduction dial so it probably looks even worse now. I guess he still has not figured out yet it does not raise the value of the watch if you over pay for it in the first place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts