The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are a lot of us here who would like to ask the same question.

Where can I get a Seiko 62Mas or 6217-8001 bezel ring? Or are there any substitute coming from another Seiko watch model? :confused:

To all Seiko experts and collectors, please provide us with any information so that we can save more 6217-8001 (62Mas) watches that have complete parts but have missing bezel rings.

At least there are aftermarket bezel inserts (not that good but available). But for the bezel rings...it is so hard to find one :mad:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Well hello... that is a very hard thing to find...just to be clear...you are referring to a bezel?..do you have one or is it missing...from what i am told..they are just for that model...and i have never seen one for sale yet...but that does not mean they are not out there..i have been told that yahoo japan can help with those impossible parts but expect to pay a arm and leg for this..sorry i do not have better news

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
One of the old Russian Vostok divers has a bezel that will fit the 6217, I think I have one in my stash somewhere but the inserts are a different size.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I am referring to the whole bezel. It is impossible to find one :mad:

Can the bezel of the 6106 or other sport divers be used as substitute?

I hope there is another seiko diver watch model that can be used as a donor :(

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hey let Technoman take a look...he will for sure steer you in the right direction...very knowledge able too

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
very cool that there may be a great solution...

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Here is a picture of a shanghai military watch and a 6217 with swapped bezels. I know that some of the bezels from the Vostok Amphibia or Komanderskie models will also fit the Shanghai.

There is a company called Murphy manufacturing that make replacement bezels for the Vostok's. I was in touch with him once about modifying the bezel he makes to fit the 6217 insert but I lost interest in the project when I stopped actively collecting a couple of years ago (started motor racing). The Murphy link is here: Murphy Vostok Bezels

He may remember our conversations, I even gave him drawings and the exact sizings required to make this for a 6217. In reality though, what he needed was a 6217 bezel to be sent to him so he could make them.

Someone with a bezel should get in touch with him....

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well that is great info Technoman....very cool you are into racing..that can be very addictive too

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Technoman, thank you for the pics and recommendation. I hope this Vostok substitute will fit. I saw some at eBay with Seiko inserts.

If it fits, then my next problem is where to find good aftermarket inserts for the 62MAS :confused:

Any suggestions? This forum has been very helpful to a lot of us :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts