The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new a very lucky person in deed. I found a 6215-7000 pro driver in a watch bundle I bought from a estate sale. It works runs great dail is in excellent condition and it does not have any major scratches. I was wondering if anyone is a interested in this watch? What it is worth? I would like any info you might be willing to share with a youngster. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Congrats!

Re: Is anyone interested in this watch?
It's a rare Seiko diver, so yeah I bet there's some interest :)

One in nice condition recently auctioned for $6k.
Here's the completed auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-SEIKO-DIVER-6215-7000-/291285415186?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item43d1f6b512

The seller of that watch was in a similar situation, and reached out to us here. Here's the thread:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/129234-found-seiko-diver-6215-7000-a.html

I advised that seller to take his time, make sure he got a good valuation, and to be wary of lowballing sharks.

Congrats again - it's a great find, and one of my favorite watches.

Please post pics!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Count down bezel

I notice this has a bezel that counts down, rather than up. I don't recall seeing that before. It makes sense though, if you've got 15 minutes of air in your tank you can set the dial at 15 and see how many minutes you've got left. Nice watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned a 6215-7000 from new in 1966/7.
Took it down to 70metres (226ft) in a cave dive in South Africa.
Sadly it was sent to the agents here and the waterproofing was damaged. The watch no longer functions but I'd love to have it repaired.
Who could you recommend ?
Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I offered the guy who sold that example, referred to by estrickland, a very strong offer. I believe it was close to what he netted after fees or just a little bit less.

he actually offered me the watch after the auction ended because he was apprehensive about sending the watch to asia.

one of these days...................

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice watch, as has been mentioned already a rare and sought after watch.

If you're into watches, or are considering getting into watches I'd keep it as it will likely continue to appreciate in value and you're unlikely to find another... otherwise do your homework and be sure to find a good buyer willing to pay a fair price.

Also - it'd be nice to see some pics :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am new a very lucky person in deed. I found a 6215-7000 pro driver in a watch bundle I bought from a estate sale. It works runs great dail is in excellent condition and it does not have any major scratches. I was wondering if anyone is a interested in this watch? What it is worth? I would like any info you might be willing to share with a youngster. Thank you!
any idea or photo for this 6215-7000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple of pictures of my "old Lady"
Given that she's not operational, the auto winder, hands and date all appear to be OK.
I've contacted Jack to get a quote on having it repaired.

Any idea what the watch would be worth ?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
A couple of pictures of my "old Lady"
Given that she's not operational, the auto winder, hands and date all appear to be OK.
I've contacted Jack to get a quote on having it repaired.

Any idea what the watch would be worth ?

Thanks.
(not intended to be rude) but any chance of some in-focus pictures?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry about the poor pics - I'll try harder with a better camera.....:(

I wanted to send a message to tobrob but don't have enough "credits" yet.
A strange feeling as I'm an Admin on the CBRForum.....:)

Anyway tobrob:
Hi from South Africa !
The bezel you mentioned for the 6215- is it surplus to your requirement ?
If so would you consider selling it and if so at what price ?
It's one of the parts I need to return my 6215 to good order.

Thanks

Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts