The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my watch repair guy has a genuine NOS bezel in his stash that would finish off my watch nicely. He has asked me to make an offer for it. Obviously these very rarely come up for sale so I have nothing to compare it against. What would be a fair price in GBP to offer? He is very fair to me with his service costs and parts supply, and I don't want to insult him, but I'm also keen to secure a good deal. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The last ones I saw for sale was in our trade forum, NOS 400 euro, 2 or 3 year back but that was exceptionally cheap (imo).
I reckon £500 would be cheap, but if one turns up nowadays the asking could be closer to £800. But look at at how much it would increase the desirability and value of a 6159.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hope you can get the bezel and complete the 6159 7000 restoration very soon
Cant wait to see the handsome hibeat diver, wow!

·
Registered
829 Posts
My thought: If you don't already have a bezel, hold your breath and buy it. If you already have one, though it may be in average condition keep it and don't buy the NOS one.

·
Administrator
28,478 Posts
Sadly eventually inserts will need producing once all stocks run out.
Correct and it is be great for guys who are after a better look (I dislike crappy inserts)but while the originals are still available then...............

I suppose as always it depends on what sort of collector you are but which ever way you go it doesent tend to alter the world a jot :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been to collect my watch from its service today, and the guy surprised me (and himself) by announcing he discovered a standard and a countdown bezel in his stash (it's a big stash, over 40 years worth of genuine Seiko parts). We've shaken hands on a price for the count down bezel...but now I have to wait 2 weeks for him to get back from a trip before I can collect 😞 Thanks again everyone for your help.

·
Administrator
28,478 Posts
I've been to collect my watch from its service today, and the guy surprised me (and himself) by announcing he discovered a standard and a countdown bezel in his stash (it's a big stash, over 40 years worth of genuine Seiko parts). We've shaken hands on a price for the count down bezel...but now I have to wait 2 weeks for him to get back from a trip before I can collect 😞 Thanks again everyone for your help.
We will look forward to seeing the finished item :) and congratulations.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Administrator
28,478 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts