The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on Reddit. I love my 6139s dearly, but I'm baffled what about them might actually make a woman jealous (besides the money I've spent restoring them). :grin:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I sometimes wonder what Ad gurus of today think of ads from the past. There are some out there that are pretty lame. I love old ciggy ads.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just spotted his toe sandals. My Dear old Mum, God Bless her, bought me a pair in the 70's and they were an absolute b-----d to get off. My big toes just about had to be cut out.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I've got a ton of 60s/70s Playboys. I wonder if I could find this in there. :grin: It seems chauvinistic enough to appear in Playboy . . . LOL
On the back of mine is a Sansui Hi-Fi ad - no hints from either side what magazine. I believe mine came from YJ, but both ads are in English /shrug.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hilarious and while one could say that wouldn't fly today, IWC's ads of "Engineered for Men" are a bit "interesting". Then again, IWC doesn't feature grocery store romance novel covers in their ads. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guys, I saw this ad in Playboy & Esquire Magazines back in 1970 and it showed a Japan made watch that was way ahead of it's competition in technology and style. The Seiko 6139 'Pogue' was an automatic and a chronometer mechanical watch which just beat the competition with its Pepsi Colored bezel and lovely dial just made me forget about that Rolex or Omega or Accutron watches at about twice the cost of the Seiko.And I finally got my Seiko 'Pogue' model in September of 1971 at a list price of approx $125.US. That Seiko model 6139 was a winner then and they have been winners since. Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts on this advert.-Eli

1 - 14 of 14 Posts