The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Some times ago,i bought a non running 6139-6013 for parts.

But in France,there's not many of them,so i decided to bring it back to life.

There's an original strap,but i can't find which model is it ?

Inside is in a poor state:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's take care of the case:

Completly cleaned, slightly buffed to keep the original polished edges:

The tachymeter ring has to be replaced,writings tends to disappear..
Found a NOS one:

Crystal 330W18GN00 ordered too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the movement side:

Mainspring is bent,so a new one will takes place instead, , chronograph wheel too,the intermediate finger is broken ,

2 jewels are smashed , screws are not dispatched well and last but not least the 30 min axle is entirely rusted (wonder how the hand can stand on..)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Cleaning and lubricating, new parts,i can now check on the timegrapher:

Not too bad with chrono off.I usually have 220° with a new balance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dial was cleaned with lemon pure juice.Some markers tends to disappear,so i try only the chemical way.

I forgot to mention that's not the same dial,that one was used in a wrong case i bought months ago.No more useless...

Chrono hands would be repainted, hours and minutes should be relumed.Everything will be done in a short time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's try to case it:

I'm not so unhappy...but it remains some parts i did not fit yet...

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Coming along very nicely, looks great!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Super transformation! I'm curious about the dial cleaning though; What sort of stains did you have prior to cleaning the dial? Did the lemon juice react with the markers or stain the dial? How was the concentration mixed?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Terrific!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Wow, you really have your hands full with this watch with smashed jewels and missing or broken parts. Glad to see you are trying to bring it back into service again. Really nice work here.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Terrific revival !

What is the case back date code? I did a write-up earlier this week, what I have found is the reference 6139-6013 was primarily made in only four months: December 1977, May 1978 and then the final 2 months of the Seiko 6139 movement run, March and April 1979. There may be other months, too.

Yours might be one of the very last ones made in the long run of 6139 production cycle.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Good job and excellent result :)

That bracelet is rare.....well I've never seen one (which probably means it's not that rare!).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Super transformation! I'm curious about the dial cleaning though; What sort of stains did you have prior to cleaning the dial? Did the lemon juice react with the markers or stain the dial? How was the concentration mixed?
Yes,it has erased small parts of black indexes.I just sunk it on a pure green lime juice,and rest for about 10 minutes.Then there's a little tool for camera lenses to finish,it's called Sensor Swab (?? don't remember exactly).
Some use Hagerty's Silver clean when it's too hard,but that solution is correct if your dial is varnished.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Terrific revival !

What is the case back date code? I did a write-up earlier this week, what I have found is the reference 6139-6013 was primarily made in only four months: December 1977, May 1978 and then the final 2 months of the Seiko 6139 movement run, March and April 1979. There may be other months, too.

Yours might be one of the very last ones made in the long run of 6139 production cycle.
You're right , April 79.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts