The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hard to tell due to scratched crystal and slight out of focus but the hands look frosted to me? Which would be correct for early 69.

If only it has CRC ....
How rare is the CRC? I recently found a 6139 6000 from March 1969 with the original CRC still present and in good condition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
April 1970 Blue 6139-6010 ("proof") on the left, August 1969 Blue 6139-6019 (North American "resist," note the matte hands) on the right
December 1969 Black 6139-6010 ("proof")

Neither of the "railroad" bracelets is a reproduction, though I've been meaning to replace them with the three-hinge style as seen on the black dial version.

View attachment 456091
View attachment 456092

If anyone is searching for this bracelet PM me, i have one lying around in a oke state.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Neel and I were IMing and I remembered I have this photo of my three. Looking for a JDM at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbluekyle

·
Special Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
^ ^ ^ W o W ^ ^ ^

Stunning watches and beautiful photos. No one does Blue like Seiko and your photos really capture the Bright Electric Radiance of the Blue Dials. Superb :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys
I've just joined the forum.
I bought this watch and it has just arrived with me. Apologies to those who missed out and were disappointed - but if it's any consoloation, my max bid was almost double what I ended up paying. I've been looking for an early '69 6139 for a while now, and preferably a 6010: I like the design in particular, but perhaps more importantly my understanding is that the earliest 6139s identified to date have been 6010s (Jan '69).
What intrigued me about this one is that it is March '69 Proof and non-JDM (date wheel is Chinese, so probably HK market). Has anyone seen a non-JDM around this date?

·
Special Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello and Welcome to the Forum :) I think you picked up a Fantastic Watch at a Great Price. Photos?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dial looks good, and the lume and hands and all seem original and correct to my untrained eye. The crystal is scratched; not yet clear how bad that is - I would be grateful for any advice
The watch needs a service - I'm in London, UK, so if there are any tips for who can do that it would be much appreciatde.

I hadn't realsied how rare/special the bracelet is - I do now! Particularly this early.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
In the UK I would recommend Sir Alan or Duncan the Watch Bloke. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice watch!
For service look up Richard Askham in the UK, experienced in servicing 6139 watches. Google is your friend.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts