The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I've been on the hunt for a NOS Seiko 6139-6005 crystal and particularly for the domed top variety. Managed to find one but it comes in a brown Japanese sleeve. Can someone please confirm if this a repro or OEM?

Thanks,
Moe

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it’s domed and has frosted bottom then pretty good chance it is real deal.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
As I mentioned in our PM I've never seen Seiko list the model number, that the crystal fit, on their crystal packages. Looking at the crystal itself it doesn't look right. Note the height of the side area below the bevel. It looks way to high.
S-141 is more in line with a Seiko tool number and it is also the series number for a lap memory stop watch.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I mentioned in our PM I've never seen Seiko list the model number, that the crystal fit, on their crystal packages. Looking at the crystal itself it doesn't look right. Note the height of the side area below the bevel. It looks way to high.
S-141 is more in line with a Seiko tool number and it is also the series number for a lap memory stop watch.
Thanks T just saw your PM. Sent you a reply. Decided not to get it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FWIW it looks used in the photo.

I see these brown sleeves on occasion I think they could be legit
Yea it does look used doesn't it. Managed to get the other crystal from the same sellerl with the circular printing on a Seiko blue sleeve. Will get pictures tomorrow before it gets shipped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts