The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as many of you may have read, I bought a Seiko 6139-6005 recently. I absolutely love this watch. I wore the watch everyday for about 2 weeks and it kept amazing time and the chrono worked flawlessly. Today, I had a ruck march and left it in the office while I wore my Garmin so I could track distance and pace. Stayed out in the field the whole day. Slapped it on my wrist after I got back and started the chrono just for grins. It stopped at about 12 minutes. Reset the chrono and it did it again. One more time and it stopped. This time I gave a little shake and it was good to go. Just now, I reset and it stopped after 1 minuteand 11 seconds (I took the watch off my wrist and set it on my desk). What is going on? I had no issue the last two weeks. Who can I send it to and not have the watch be gone for 6-12+mos? Thanks for input, I am kind of freaking out.

Frank

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well with most old watches..they can be a little glitchy..dirt and residue can gum them up...well a full service would be a great idea...i hear spencer is one of the best...someone will chime in ...these chronos can be a little difficult to work on too...would love to see some pics too...do not worry or freak out...it is a seiko and it can be fixed for sure..John

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sounds like it just needs a service so DON'T PANIC ;)

I am sure you can be recommended good guys too give it the once over and make it as good as new over in the USA.

Go on folks start recommending!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Spencer is the go-to guy IMHO. I sent him my Dad's 6139-6005 and it runs like a champ every time I wear it. I'll PM you his contact information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
69chevelless,

I contacted Spencer and was told minimum 4-months turnaround time. It may come to that. I just hate having a watch I recently received be gone for that long. Especially as it it goes out past 6 mos I may already be PCSing to a new duty station. I didnt know if there was another option or if he is the only guy people trust. Wouldnt want to waste money on a shody job.

Frank

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would wear that watch a few more weeks before sending it for so long.
I can sympthise completly with you, how can you part from such a nice watch just after getting it.
I had a 7548 that behaved like that and a 6139 too, so I have decided to give them 100 days of mercy, waiting for them to start behaving normally and they both did :)
Must have been some old oil or a tiny grain of dirt in the movement.
The quartz 7548 was ok after two month and the 6139 was better after a month or so of wearing 24/7 sans showers/pool/sea of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts