The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just received my Pouge yesterday and I am wondering what took me so long to get one. I don't think pictures do it justice! This case looks really nice still has brushing on the top and very crisp edges by, looking at it I would say it has never been polished. Dial looks great other than a little dirt/stain by the Seiko logo. Keeps great time and everything function great other than a couple sticky pushers which should be remedied with new gaskets in route now along with a new crystal. I think from my research its all original but any input would be great.

Question- when I do the new crystal and gaskets does any one have recommendations on the dirt? Should I leave it alone or try to clean it with rodico or any other options? I've read about 50 different things from baby oil to spit....I don't want to take any chance on this one. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You’ll need to remove the dirt (not really sure why you want to keep it?) as the bezel needs to come off to change the crystal and it’ll get everywhere otherwise.

You’ll need to take the movement out, id strip and clean the case and bezels then assemble with the new crystal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, really like the tickle analogy! Sounds like i will give it a tickle and hope she comes clean. I surely dont want to leave it but was just concerned of doing more harm than good.

·
Craftsman
3,712 Posts
I'd follow John's advice. Hopefully it is just dirt and will come off with Rodico.

Dial stains, on the other hand are often tricky to deal with and generally don't come clean.

Either way it's a nice example and appears to be all original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts